No paper, No printing, No books, Just downloads…
Did you know 1 pound of textbooks produces 5 pounds of carbon dioxide?Source
Why not weigh your textbooks to see how much CO₂ your learning produces?
Schools and students spend a lot each year on new revision guides, but once you have an iPod you can continually update your library of audiobooks without increasing your carbon footprint. This is why from the very beginning GCSEPod is designed and produced sustainably.
Our Green DNA
- We look at each exam board specification electronically. This saves a lot of printing as some specifications are over 100 pages long!
- The curriculum is broken down by a teacher via email or in the office.
- We search for teachers on the Internet to write the scripts – we don’t use any printed advertising to recruit teachers.
- Commissioning is done online and all scripts are submitted by email.
- Our teachers are located all over the country, but there is no need for them to travel to the GCSEPod offices.
- Scripts are edited on screen and bounced back to teachers via email.
- Even our narrators don’t need to use paper and can use the office iPad to read the scripts!
Our Green Workplace
- The Soundbite Learning HQ is right in the heart of Newcastle city centre, meaning many of the people we work with are a short walk away. We are also a 4 minute walk from the train station.
- Ian, the Director, cycles to work every day – come rain or shine! Anthony, GCSEPod’s other director, lives a little further away, but solves this problem with his efficient Smart Car. Chris, our Sound Engineer, walks to the office and Jane has also started cycling to work along with Jo!
- GCSEPod is a member of the nationwide ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
- GCSEPod actively recycles any paper produced via the office recycling scheme.
Our Green Marketing
- Much of our marketing is done online – such as on Facebook, Twitter and via e-newsletters for students and Schools. As we produce a paperless product, we made the decision to keep much of our marketing paper free – reducing our carbon footprint further.
GCSEPod works best on iPods...
- Apple products are designed to be environmentally friendly, summed up with their message of ‘Bigger picture. Better products. Smaller impact’.
- 42% of Apple products are recycled, diverting them from landfills.
- Want to upgrade your iPod? If you recycle your old iPod, you could get 10% off a new one!
GCSEPod recently featured in the Manchester Evening News, showcasing Wright Robi...
GCSEPod recently featured in the Basingstoke Gazette. The article focused on Cos...
GCSEPod featured recently in the Wiltshire Times, in the cleverly titled "i...